Qualifications & Experience
I am a BPS Registered Chartered Psychologist, HCPC Registered Counselling Psychologist, UKCP Registered Integrative Adult Psychotherapist, UKCP Registered Child Psychotherapist and HCPC Registered Child Art Psychotherapist with many years experience working in NHS and private settings.
I am also on Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society ( AFBPsS) and a member of the Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy College and Metanoia Institute.
I have a Doctorate in Psychotherapy and have always balanced clinical work with academic posts. I was Senior Lecturer on the Postgraduate Diploma/MSc in Social Work at South Bank University for twelve years focusing on child care and child protection; Senior Lecturer in Counselling, Psychotherapy & Counselling Psychology at the University of Roehampton for 10 years; Senior Lecturer at the Metanoia Institute for 23 years teaching on the : Doctorate in Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy (DCPsych), a joint programme between Metanoia Institute and Middlesex University (BPS Accredited, HCPC Accredited and UKCP Accredited) and Programme Leader of the MSc in Child Psychotherapy at the Metanoia Institute validated by London, South Bank University.
At my private practice in Ascot, Berkshire, I undertake training, research, supervision and therapeutic work with children, young people, adults & families.
My clinical experience has involved working in NHS outpatient services with children and adults, community services, specialist trauma setting for children, and counselling/therapeutic services. I am highly skilled in assessing and treating children and adults with complex mental health issues.
I have worked as a Counselling Psychologist & Psychotherapist for Slough Borough Council working in primary and secondary schools. My post enabled me to work individually with children and young people as well as work with parents in the school setting.
I utilise Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) along with other therapeutic approaches that are well evidenced and in line with best clinical practice, such as systemic and psychodynamic models. I have experience of working with people from all walks of life with a variety of psychological difficulties that impact upon their lives and I have a strong commitment to working with issues of difference / culture / ethnicity / race / disability / class / sexuality / gender etc. in therapy.
I am an expert witness in working with children and families in assessment and therapeutic treatment.
- Certificate in Psychosexual studies: understanding the sexual relationship, Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Autism & Asperger Syndrome, Sheffield University / The National Autistic Society
- Attachment & Psychopathology Training: Dr Patricia Crittenden
- Principles and Practice of Psychoanalytic Parent-Infant Psychotherapy, The Anna Freud Centre, London
- HCPC Route for Counselling Psychologist
- BPS Approval for Chartered Membership
- Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Distinction): London South Bank University
- Doctorate in Psychotherapy by Professional Studies: Middlesex University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Child Art Psychotherapy (Distinction): King's College, London
- Person Centred Therapy (PCT) Britain post-diploma, Certificate in Supervision: PCT Professional Development
- MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy (Distinction): Middlesex University
- Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy: Metanoia Institute
- Diploma in Training Management (ITD): South Bank University
- Certificate in Training and Development (ITS): Thames Polytechnic
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Social Studies: Southampton University
- Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW): Southampton University
- Certificate in Caring for Children and Young People: Open University
- BA (Hons) Politics, second class: Portsmouth Polytechnic
- Paediatric Sleep Training Course for Professionals
- Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders
- Nutritional Interventions for Eating Disorders
- Sensory Integration and Trauma in Children
Membership of Professional Organisations:
British Psychological Society (BPS) Registered Chartered Psychologist
Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC) Registered Counselling Psychologist
Association of Child Psychologists in Private Practice (AChiPPP)
United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy (UKCP) Registered Integrative Adult Psychotherapist & Registered Child Psychotherapist. I am on a voluntary register that has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (AVR). The AVR scheme was set up by the Government to improve standards and safety for the benefit of the public. Accreditation demonstrates my commitment to high professional standards, to enhancing safety and delivering a better service
European Certificate of Psychotherapy (ECP) Registered Integrative Psychotherapist
Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC) Registered Child Art Psychotherapist
Individual Member, Metanoia Institute, London
Berkshire Psychotherapy - To Contact Dr Dhillon-Stevens please use the Contact Form on this site